Friday, July 30, 2010

sim·i·le


–noun
1. a figure of speech in which two unlike things are explicitly compared.
2. an instance of such a figure of speech or a use of words exemplifying it.

I moved to Lincoln, Nebraska from Orange County, California last December. I moved for two reasons: 1) the love of my life and 2) an amazing job.

But, I do get homesick, for my mom and for my girlfriends. But thank goodness for Gchat and Skype, I'm doing just fine.

Messages like these that pop out of nowhere reminds me how lucky I am for the people in my life:

Jen: i love you Shirley Peng!!!!
how are you woman????????????
i love you like a fat kid loves cake

Jen's simile is my favorite simile of all time... and it's true, I do love cake.
A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love this picture so much!!!!!! We were the best super heroes EVER. I even had rainbow moon boots on, can't beat that. Well, your booty in those wonder woman briefs blow my moon boots out of the water, but that's a given.

    I miss you so much. So so so so so much. Can't wait to see you out there one of these days!

    - Jen jen bo ben

    ReplyDelete