Friday, July 30, 2010

cha·grin

–noun
1. a feeling of vexation, marked by disappointment or humiliation.
–verb (used with object)
2. to vex by disappointment or humiliation.
3. Obsolete

I remember a time when I would watch SportsCenter every night... feeling relieved when the TV room in the sorority house was unoccupied. I was always on top of my sports news, but in the past few years... with law school and everything, just really stopped following, not to mention the lack of cable.

My favorite sports journalists are still Bill Plaschke and Rick Reilly. I got to meet Bill Plaschke in high school at a journalism conference at USC (BOO!). He writes for the LA times and always has interesting articles about my Lakers and Bruins.

Rick Reilly, on the other hand, I never had the pleasure of meeting. But I felt like I knew him. Every week for years, I would get my Sports Illustrated in the mail and I would immediately turn to the last page and read that week's commentary. I loved it. Then when he stopped writing for SI, I stopped getting SI in the mail.

Maybe I should have stuck it out for Joe, but now we can just find anything online... thanks to Naheedy... one of the best articles I have read in a long time...

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2010/07/29/a-boulevard-called-chagrin/?eref=sihp

No comments:

Post a Comment