Sunday, August 1, 2010

con·tent·ment

–noun
1. the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind.
2. the act of making contentedly satisfied.

Last night Seth and I went out. And by went out, I mean we went downstairs to the bar right below us. It's called Zen. A very bougie (derived from bourgeois) place where my Mojito cost $6.50 - an exorbitant amount for Nebraska. We wandered to a few more bars down O street. I have never seen so many bars on one street until I moved here.

We met up with a few of Seth's friends and by the time 12:30am rolled around, we were ready to hit the sack. Since the bars close here at 1am, we knew we weren't missing out on anything.

Anyway, I can never sleep in after drinking. Woke up really early and had an urge to make a cherry cobbler. As I'm blogging, my cobbler is baking. I will post the recipe on my other blog, but in the meantime, I just want to say I am in a complete state of contentment when I bake. I was pitting cherries and it just felt so right, so tranquil, so zen.

I can't wait for my hectic life to die down in the next few weeks, move into our new house and start baking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment