Tuesday, August 10, 2010

aus·pi·cious

–adjective
1. promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable: an auspicious occasion.
2. favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate.

My mom always says I was born lucky. When I was born, she was supposed to go to a janky hospital room, but she ended up in the brand new wing in her own room after having me.

When it was time to go to the elementary school down the street, they just finished the landscaping and remodeling.

Then I grew up, went to UCLA, went to law school, found a job... it all kinda just fell into my lap.

Everything has been easy for me, but a part of me thinks it's also my optimistic outlook on life.

Being lucky and thinking you are lucky are slightly different.

I'm 26 now and I'm on vacay on the east coast. I always wanted to be one of those women who got to tag along on their hubby's business trips and I can't believe I'm finally one of them. It's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment