Friday, August 27, 2010

pi·quant  

-adjective
1. agreeably pungent or sharp in taste or flavor; pleasantly biting or tart
2. agreeably stimulating, interesting, or attractive
3. of an interestingly provocative or lively character
4. Archaic . sharp or stinging, esp. to the feelings

We are 95% done with our house. Seth has been doing yard work almost every night, while I sink myself into our couch and bask in my guilty pleasure of reality television.

Seth does the yardwork, the vacuuming, most of the organizing and the laundry.

I do the dusting, cooking and washing the dishes. Pretty even split in chores, I think. :D

The TV still has to be mounted into the wall above our fireplace. We got the mount this week, but it is heavy and shockingly expensive! Seth's dad will come over Sunday morning to help him put up the heavy tv onto the heavy mount. Let's hope they get it up there into the studs so we don't end up with more work to do.

Sunday afternoon, we have our monthly potluck with my two attorney friends and their significant others. Jon, Scott and I spent almost a week in Minnesota for a training back in March and we decided to try to get together once every month or so for a potluck. We are from the same organization, just different offices.

We have done an Italian theme dinner at our downtown apt. A Mexican theme dinner at Scott's apt and a Chinese themed dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's restaurant. This Sunday will be a all-American BBQ at Jon & Micki's apt.

I am bringing salads and dessert for Sunday and can't wait to try some new recipes. I'm planning to do a sweet broccoli salad (hopefully like the Souplantation's version which is super yummy!) a pasta salad, a cornbread salad (never heard of this before but we have a ton of cornbread mix in our pantry) and a potato salad.

For dessert, I'm just making Hong Kong style egg tarts. Micki (Jon's wife) loves Asian food and culture and egg tarts are a dim sum dessert staple. Hopefully she will like those as much as Seth likes them.

I made Seth tacos last night... and I'm super excited to make homemade pizza tonight. I will get started with my salads that I will be making tomorrow by making homemade mayonnaise today!

Can't wait to be in the kitchen, barefoot & cooking (not pregnant). Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment