Monday, August 9, 2010

lla·ma



–noun
1. a woolly-haired South American ruminant of the genus Lama, believed to be a domesticated variety of the guanaco: often used as a beast of burden.
2. the fine, soft fleece of the llama, combined with the wool for coating.

"Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD! Tina, come get some ham."

One of my favorite quotes in one of my favorite movies - Napoleon Dynamite. The movie came out in the middle of my college years and it was the best thing ever.

Fast forward 6 years and I got to hang with a real life llama at the Lancaster County Fair with my boo. I can see us owning an acreage in the future, my boo can have his chickens (because that's his favorite animal... yes really, and he can eat chicken all day every day)... and I can have my pigs (because pigs are my favorite...and being Chinese, I love my pork)... and we can share a llama like this one.

Even though I would LOVE to have a liger, I'm pretty sure I'm deathly allergic. I am really allergic to cats and because ligers are way bigger, I would think my allergies would be way worse.

And for your information, the liger is a real animal, created when a male lion mates with a female tiger. It does not, however, have "skills in magic", as Napoleon claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment