Tuesday, August 3, 2010

jam

–verb (used with object)
1. to play (a piece) in a freely improvised, swinging way; jazz up.

–verb (used without object)
2. Jazz . to participate in a jam session.

–noun
3. the act of jamming or the state of being jammed.
4. jam session.

So I love my job. I can picture myself working here forever. That's how much I love my job. I get my own office with a big window. Everyone likes each other. I help people and learn so much everyday. I have tons of mentors to show me the ropes. Free coffee. Occasionally office potlucks, or like yesterday, the ED came down from Omaha and took everyone to lunch. People would bring in cookies or donuts or random treats. There is always lots of chocolate in my paralegal's office. 3 weeks of paid vacation. 2 1/2 weeks of paid sick leave. Paid Holidays and snow days.

But the best part is the random times when my boss (who is right next door to me) starts jamming with one of the other attorneys in the office. This happens maybe once a month for anywhere between 5-20 minutes. One would bring in a banjo, or a guitar or a mandolin. They would either play it the way it is or plug it into the amp that is always in the corner of my boss' office. Then they would just have a jam session.

It's great. It is the cherry on top of why I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment