Friday, August 6, 2010

ser·en·dip·i·ty

–noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2. good fortune; luck

I like happy endings. Especially when it comes to movies. My favorite genre of movies are the ones that are so predictable: Girl meets boy. Love. Conflict. Resolution. Happily Ever After.

When it comes to movies like Momento, Shutter Island, Inception, etc. I don't really care to watch them. Maybe once if at all, but I treat it like a book. Just there for me to google search, read up on all the theories and dissect until the last possible layer is peeled off.

Romantic comedies are just movies that are there purely for entertainment. No need to research and dissect because you know what you're getting into before the first shot is shown.

Maybe because I'm a girl and it's just part of the being a girl. The fantasy that love will fall into place when you least expect it. And that's what happened to me two years ago. Out of the blue and fast forward, I'm in corn country.

In a classic John Cusack chick flick:

Sara: You don't have to understand. You just have to have faith.
Jonathan: Faith in what?
Sara: Destiny

Sums up this post doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment